Portfolio of Oil and Gas Facilities, Across ASEAN Region
SLP Environmental was appointed to conduct a portfolio of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Permit Reviews as part of our clients potential global acquisition of a major energy company.
As part of the assignment SLP reviewed Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) related permits, licenses and other documentation for facilities operating in Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam.
Specific tasks included conducting a review of the validity periods and transfer requirements (if any) for each EHS related permit, licence or permission. Permits considered business critical were prioritised for review included those related to air emissions, wastewater discharges, waste and hazmat management, fire and life safety. The following was conducted for each permit:
- Identify if transfer is an option or if new permit must be obtained;
- Need and timeline for any advance notifications of intended change;
- Identify appropriate permitting agency and contact details;
- Identify the transfer steps (if applicable);
- Identify new-permit steps (if applicable); and
- Identify likely timeline associated with transfer or acquisition of new permit.
The assessment was undertaken under strictest confidentiality and all information was sourced anonymously.